QUICK AND SIMPLE RECIPES – KOREAN BIBIMBAP USING HAPPYCALL PAN – SPEEDY KOREAN FRIED RICEBy
I was experimenting with my Happy call pan and thought I will try to cook a Korean dish using it.
Something that will make use of it’s potential will be good and that spruce me to make Korean bibimbap which requires crispy rice at the bottom of the claypot or pan and happycall pan was a perfect way to try it out. 🙂
If you do not have happy call pan, no worries, because you can replicate this using just any non stick fry pan too 🙂
This is a simple and quick Korean recipes because you need only one pan to cook, at most 2, if you want to quicken the process by blanching the vegetables in a separate boiling water.
All you need for ingredients include :
- Steamed rice (hot or cool rice also will do)
- Bibimbap sauce (Korean hot chilli sauce, I purchased from Korean market and only cost me $2.50 for a big bottle that can use many rounds for other dishes like kimchi stew, korean rice cake stew, etc)
- Minced meat (I used mince beef)
- Bean sprouts x 1 small bunch, around $20cents
- Spinach x 1 stalk, chopped
- Carrots x 1, sliced
- Eggs x 1, pan fry & sliced
- Dried mushroom x 4 (if small mushrooms), soaked in hot water for at least 5 mins and sliced
Similar to my other recipes, you can change any toppings and cater to your preferences. 🙂
1) Boil one pot of water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and dunk individual ingredients to cook (the salt in the water is both to quicken the boiling process & also preserve the fresh green colors in vegetables)
2) Whisk eggs and pan fry and slice
3) Pan fry mince meat, you can add seasoning if you want like soy sauce, then throw in the sliced mushrooms to sauteed just a short while
4) Heat up pan and place rice on it
5) Place individual ingredients on the rice. If you are using happycall pan, just closed the pan, let it cook for a further 1 min
6) Drizzle the Korean hot chilli sauce over the rice and add in roasted sesame or pepper if you prefer 🙂
7) Mix it under low fire in “slow motion” so that more crispy rice can be made at the bottom of the pan
8) Tuck in and enjoy! 😉
As mentioned you can change the ingredients to your favourite toppings 🙂
So far I have only tried out vegetarian options and also with meat, both taste really nice and an exact version of those you have outside but of course at fraction of the price. 🙂 If you are unsure how much korean sauce you will need to drizzle in, just add a little and taste along the way and add in more if you want it to be more spicy or flavourful.
I think next round, I will try out seafood toppings, perhaps making a Spanish seafood Paella or Tomato Seafood Risotto someday 🙂
QUICK AND SIMPLE KOREAN RECIPES : BIBIMBAP KOREAN HOT STONE RICE RECIPES USING HAPPYCALL PAN
For latest news on restaurants, supermarkets, food fairs, or simple check out some of my simple recipe ideas & reviews, please visit us at singaporesupermarketrecipes.com or subscribe to our mailing list for more details.